Thursday, April 9, 2009

Like the Vista look but not the actual OS?

I personally like the look of vista. It has a nice up to date look and feel to it. I have tried to find a way to get my PC to have the look without changing the OS. I found a theme for XP that looks like vista and runs very well. My laptop has little RAM. If you don't know what RAM is, it's the thing on your computer that lets you run programs smootly. Anyway, I had downloaded Windows Blinds free trial off of download.com. Windows Blinds is nice if you have lots of RAM. I personally tried to use Aero which is a theme that is partially transparent. It is cool but it worked bad. Anyway, I found a site called crystalxp.net that let me get a Vista theme that I was AMAZED didn't slow down my PC. It totally re-designs it to look like Vista. At the moment it is only available in black; but that's still cool right? Anyway, try it out if you wanna. If you want the free trial of Windows Blinds click here. *NOTE* This is only a 30 day trial. If you like it, consider buying it for $19.95!
Thanks!
~ James
P.S. - That is my actual desktop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment